The International Scout Fellowship is affiliated with the World Federation of Independent Scouts
The World Federation of Independent Scouts (WFIS) is the non-governmental international organization which governs 53 affiliated Scout Organizations in 32 countries, plus one umbrella federation, with an estimated 750,000 members. WFIS was formed in Laubach, Germany, in 1996 by Lawrie Dring, a British Scouter with the independent Baden-Powell Scouts Association (BPSA).
The World Federation of Independent Scouts is open to any Scouting association that is not affiliated with another international organization. WFIS requires that member associations follow, and use, Baden-Powell's original program, traditions, uniforms, morals, ethics, and structure as laid out in Baden-Powell's Scouting for Boys, amended only for "health, environmental, first-aid, and safety reasons".
Adult Scouting with no upper age limit
The International Scout Fellowship accepts adult Scouts from 18+ into our Fellowships. We have no upper age limit for members. Once a Scout, always a Scout.
You do not have to have been a Scout previously or as a youth to become part of the ISF and join an ISF Local Association.
Anyone accepting membership in the International Scout Fellowship should be of good character and agree to accept the Aims and Principles of the Fellowship and the WFIS, and to make or reaffirm the Scouting Promise as follows:
To do my duty to God, and my country;
To help other people at all times; and
To obey the Scout Law.
Lord Baden-Powell, the founder of Scouts
- A Scout's honour is to be trusted.
- A Scout is loyal to his /her Country, his/her Scouters, his/her Parents, his/her Employers and to those under Him.
- A Scout's duty is to be useful and help others.
- A Scout is a friend to all, and a brother/sister to every other Scout, no matter to what Country, Class or Creed the other may belong.
- A Scout is courteous.
- A Scout is a friend to animals.
- A Scout obeys orders of his parents, Patrol Leader, or Scoutmaster without question.
- A Scout smiles and whistles under all difficulties.
- A Scout is thrifty
- A Scout is clean in thought, word and deed.